How to create a Kaltura video quiz
It is now possible to add a quiz to any video uploaded in the Media Gallery. Embed any number of questions into your videos in order to create a more engaging, data-driven learning experience!
Please note: Kaltura video quizzes do not yet integrate into Blackboard's Grade Center. This feature is expected to be rolled out in time for the Fall 2016 semester.
||This video tutorial shows how to create a quiz, add questions, and manipulate some of the basic quiz settings.
- Navigate to the Media Gallery
- Select Video Quiz from the Add New button
- Click the Select button for the desired video
- Review the settings below and modify them where appropriate. Press Apply when done.
On the next page, you will see these settings. Follow the same procedure. review the settings below and modify them where appropriate. Press Apply when done.
- Quiz Name: Add a unique name in thetext box.
- Welcome Message: Add a welcome message if you would like students to see one before they start the quiz.
- In-Video Tip: Keep this option checked for students to see the following message before the quiz starts: “All questions must be answered. The quiz will be submitted at the end.”
- Question List: Keep this option checked to give students ability to download the quiz question list before playing the video.
- Edit Answer: Keep this option checked to enable students to change an answer before submitting the quiz.
- Skip For Now: Keep this option checked to allow students to skip a question and come back to it later.
How to view grades
While Kaltura video quizzes are not yet connected with your Grade Center, you can still track your students' answers using your video's Analytics panel. For more information on how to view student grades, see our Kaltura Quiz Analytics article.