Tegrity is a lecture-capture tool that lets you record audio and video using your webcam or computer screen. Videos can be recorded and shared in class, in your office, or at home easily by logging into Blackboard.
Why use it?
- Capture lectures, demonstrations, and special presentations for students to watch as often as they want.
- Record from your webcam and screen so students can watch both simultaneously. No Internet connection is required to record.
- Access convenient video player options, including a play rate selector and a 30-second rewind button. Bookmarking and annotation features are also available.
- Collect viewing statistics to learn more about how students are using your lectures.
- Stay in compliance with University copyright policy. Tegrity locks down videos to students taking your course.
- Present lectures across the world real-time using Tegrity's built-in webcasting feature.
Keep in mind:
- Lengthy in-class lecture recordings are not recommended for online courses. Webcam recordings or screen presentations are better.
- Recordings must be played within the Tegrity interface. They cannot be easily exported to other formats.
- Tegrity has experienced some intermittent service issues in the past. Minor display errors are not uncommon.
Tutorials & Features