Kaltura lets you create and share video and audio files in Blackboard (Bb). Uploaded files are automatically converted into multiple formats for a seamless viewing experience. No plugins or special software is required to view videos, and you can easily insert them into course sites. You can also grant upload permission to students for video-based assignments.
Why use it?
- Create more engaging content for your students. Incorporate video into your content areas as well as your announcements, emails, discussions, assignments, and tests.
- Easily record, edit, and share any number of videos in Blackboard. Kaltura videos do not impact course quotas.
- Enhance your videos with captions, slideshow presentations, timelines, chapters, and attachments.
- Stay in compliance with University copyright policy. Kaltura locks down videos to students taking your course.
Keep in mind:
- Due to compatibility issues with the newer versions of Java, we have disabled the old Screen Recording app within Kaltura. Recordings can still be made using the CaptureSpace Lite app.
- Video production quality is important. Use a well-lit room to record your videos, keep your camera at eye level, and check audio playback in advance. You may need to rerecord your videos to achieve the desired results.
- You will need to limit original file size to 2 GB or fewer when uploading to Kaltura.
- High-definition videos may need to be uploaded by our Technical Support team.