I received an "Error, unknown user" message when I tried to access Blackboard. How do I fix this?
The unknown user error may occur for the following reasons:
- Your FSUID was recently activated and your Blackboard account has not yet been created. It can take up to 24 hours.
- There was a typo in your username when using the auto-fill option from your web browser. This could include an accidental space being appended to your username. See explanation below.
- There is a cache and cookies error on your browser.
Accidental space in username
If your username is "fsu2017" and there is a space inputted as "fsu2017(X)", where the (X) represents a space, you can still log into myFSU, but once you select the Bb icon, it will not allow you to access Blackboard. Here's how to get rid of the problem:
- Sign out of the myFSU page. This will completely sign you out of all of the FSU systems that you were logged into.
- Navigate directly to Blackboard (Campus.fsu.edu) and enter your account credentials (username and password) by hand.
- If this doesn't work, you may need to clear your cache and cookies and try again. This will clear out any auto-fill settings saved on your browser.
- If you are still having trouble, try to access Blackboard from a different browser (Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Safari).
Still not working? Please contact us so that we can schedule a screen-sharing session with you. This will allow us to view your computer so we can further troubleshoot the unknown user error.