The Glossary tool in Blackboard allows instructors to define the key terms or concepts in a course for students to review. Each term is accompanied by a definition and all terms are automatically organized.
Why use it?
- Customized, "quick reference" knowledge base: Glossaries are a great way to corral key terms or concepts you expect students to review and learn.
- Easy access: Students can access the Glossary via the "student tools" link on the course menu.
- Easy reference: Terms are organized alphabetically.
- Ease of use: Terms can be added by file upload or by manually creating an individual term within the Glossary tool
- Flexibility: Terms can be added to the Glossary at any time
Keep in Mind:
- The Glossary cannot be edited by students – only instructors may create and edit a Glossary.
- If you choose to utilize the file upload tool, be sure to upload a .CSV file (Microsoft Excel saved as Comma-separated values format) or a .TXT file (Microsoft Word saved as plain text) – .DOC files are NOT compatible with the Glossary tool!