Blogs Tool Overview
Blackboard blogs can function in a number of different ways, with entries containing a variety of content. Blogs can provide an essential method for students to collect and share knowledge and materials with one another in a course because students can view fellow users' entries and add comments to existing course blogs.
Why use them?
- Easy grading with inline grading
- Entries may contain an assortment of information including text, links, images, multimedia, mashups, and attachments
- Student-centered ownership of work: Students can create entries on their own blogs, but cannot create entries on other students' blogs
- 3 types of Blogs available: course Blogs, individual Blogs, and Group Blogs
Keep in Mind
- Students can create entries on their own blogs, but cannot create entries on other students' blogs
- Blog entries can be graded with inline grading, but comments on blog entries cannot be graded in this way. Instructors wishing to grade comments must keep track of them and manually enter grades into the grade center due to no in-line grading feature for grading comments in the blog tool