How to manage alerts and email notifications
Alerts and e-mail notifications from course site updates are disabled by default except for announcements. In other words, you are only able to receive notifications from announcements by default. In order to change these settings, please follow these directions:
- Log into Blackboard (Campus.fsu.edu). This will take you to the Home tab.
- Select Notification Settings within the Tools Module on the left side of the page.
- You will see options to editing settings for Individual Courses, Bulk Edit (containing courses/organizations you are taking/teaching), and General Settings:
Once you have made all the changes you want, click Submit and all the changes will be saved.
- Edit Individual Course Settings & Bulk Edit Notification Settings
- If you wish to edit an individual course, select that course from your list on the left. If you wish to edit multiple courses at once (Bulk Edit), choose to edit Courses I am teaching, Courses I am taking, or Organizations I am leading from your list on the right.
- If you choose a Bulk Edit option, you can choose to change the settings for All courses or a Selected under Step 1. If you are only choosing a selected few, move the desired courses from the box on the left (Items to Select) to the box on the right (Selected Items):
- The options are the same for Individual Course Edits and Bulk Edits:
- The column to the left will allow you to turn all notifications On/Off.
- The column in the center-left displays the type of Notification that you are editing.
- The column in the center will allow you to display notifications directly on your Dashboard.
- The column on the center-right will allow you to choose whether or not you would like an Email sent with each notification.
- The column on the right will allow you to choose whether or not you would like a notification sent to your Mobile phone.
- Edit General Settings
- If you choose the email setting of Individual Messages, you will receive an email for every action that happens within the course site that you grant permissions to.
- If you choose the email setting of Daily Email Digest, you will only receive one email notification a day with a list of all the activity within a desired course site.
- You can edit these general settings for Courses and Organization alike.