How to attach a rubric to a gradable item in Blackboard
You can very easily attach a rubric to any gradable item in Blackboard (assignments, blogs, journals, wikis, or discussion board forums):
- Select the down arrow next to the item's name.
- Select Edit.
- When the edit page loads, scroll down to (3) Grading and select Add Rubric.
At this point, you will have three options for associating a rubric with the item:
- Select Rubric lets you use a rubric that has already been created
- Create New Rubric allows immediate creation of a new rubric
- Create From Existing uses a previously created rubric as a template to create a new one
To create a rubric from an existing one:
- Select Create from Existing.
- When the new page loads, select the existing rubric and then Submit. The existing rubric will appear and can be edited.
- Select Submit again and the new rubric will be created and associated with the gradable item.